Friday, October 7, 2011
that not getting enough sleep is linked with:
- Increase in body mass index – a greater likelihood of obesity due to an increased appetite caused by sleep deprivation?
- Increased risk of diabetes and heart problems?
I've always thought I needed to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. I've been struggling to get those 8 hours of sleep for some time now. I try but I seem to always fall short an hour. So I decided to do some research and I found out it's 7 to 9 hours of sleep that is best for an adult to get each night. What a relief one less thing to stress about. I'm A.O.K. on the sleeping.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Should Be Added to Your Spice Rack.
1. Ingredients: Onion, Black Pepper, Celery Seed, Cayenne Pepper, Parsley, Basil, Marjoram, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Thyme, Savory, Rosemary, Cumin, Mustard, Coriander, Garlic, Carrot, Orange Peel, Tomato Granules, Lemon Juice Powder, Oil of Lemon, and Citric Acid. - All natural
2. Salt-free - You won't even need to use salt. Just look at the ingredients.
3. Flavorful - Adds flavor to any dish.
Just a few recipes I've used this super seasoning in.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
My favorite online tools that are helping me with my weight loss and healthy living.
Healthy Body Calculator - Ever wonder how many calories or grams of fat you should be eating to lose weight? This calculator figures it all out for you.
Live Strong - More knowledge and knowledge is power.
Skinny Stove - Delicious recipes.
What are some of your favorite healthy living sites?