I thought about joining weight watchers for the weekly meetings. I also thought a personal trainer may be the right person to motivate and hold me accountable. I was searching the web for other local programs when I came across Tops. This was just what I was looking for. Tops has the weekly meetings (accountability), weekly weigh ins, with small rewards (motivation), education (knowledge is power is always motivating), and the right price (28.00 to join, plus 3.00 a month.)
For $17.00 I purchased the book Real Life: The Hands-on Pounds-off Guide. Not required but I'm the kind of person that wants all the resources available.
Such a great group and I'm so happy I found Tops and that I joined.
No quick fixes. No fad diets.
No pills or magic potions.
No outrageous monthly fees.
TOPS Club, Inc. is the original, nonprofit, weight-loss support and wellness education organization. Our program is scientifically proven and has helped millions over the last 60+ years. TOPS promotes successful, affordable weight management with "a hands-on pounds-off approach to weight loss®" that combines:
- healthy eating
- regular physical activity
- wellness information
- awards and recognition
- support from others at weekly chapter meetings
Weekly meetings provide a supportive, educational environment where people are encouraged and not judged. If face-to-face meetings aren’t your style or if you can’t find a meeting that fits your schedule, you can be an online member and still take advantage of our experts’ tips and our many print and online materials. Plus, you can choose to join a chapter at any time in the future or change chapters.
With thousands of chapters across the U.S. and Canada, each meeting is a little different, so you might want to visit a few meetings in your area to find the one that’s best for you.
The first visit to any chapter is free.
- Each meeting starts with a private Weigh-In, so you can stay accountable to the goals you’ve set for yourself.
- That’s often followed by Roll Call, which is a chance for members to share challenges, successes, or goals if they wish to.
- Many chapters hand out Awards each week or month and participate in the TOPS International Recognition program.
- TOPS experts on nutrition, fitness, and motivation share their best tips to Take Off Pounds Sensibly® in our brief, interactiveChapter Programs, presented by volunteer Leaders.
- The meeting closes with a Thought for the Week or other inspirational activity.
Visit Tops.org for more information.