Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Holiday Season: Parties, Weigh In, and Workouts

Tops (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Weigh in #3 and #4


On the 25th I was down one pound. At that meeting everyone was welcome to share their Tops journey. Very emotional with lots of laughs and tears. Some of these ladies have been with Tops/Kops since their teens. I wish I could share some of the stories but they are not mine to tell. Since I'm new to the group I didn't have a story to tell. Next year...

This past Monday I had gained 1.5. I went to Napa to spend Thanksgiving with my family and for three days and nights we ate and drank. It was worth every pound. ;) I'm sure if I had exercised at all this past week I wouldn't have gained anything. But I didn't so I did. Lesson learned.


This month is going to be a tough one. As of now, I have a work party tonight, two parties on Saturday, a dinner party on Sunday, another work party on Wednesday, and Thursday, then two more parties Saturday. Then the following week my husbands work party. Then I'll have a couple days off to get ready for my families arrival. I better step up my workout.

Every year I hear the tip "fill up first" regarding holiday parties. The "experts" say to fill up on healthy snacks before attending a party. I say one of the enjoyments of going to a party is the food and drinks being served. This is my (Bethenny's) tip to you... Taste everything, eat nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment